Great question! The mornings can be such a rushed time, and it’s so important to get a healthy breakfast in to kick-start your metabolism. Many people think skipping breakfast will help them lose weight. However, these people are probably more likely to make unhealthy food choices and overeat later on in the day.
At Healthy Dining, we try to combine at least two high-quality food groups to make up our morning meals. These food groups include whole grains, lean protein, fruit, veggies and low-fat dairy. There are countless options when combining these food groups together, so these are a handful of our favorites for a healthy breakfast:
- Yogurt parfait: layers of low-fat Greek yogurt with low-fat granola and fresh berries
- Breakfast sandwich: whole wheat English muffin with egg and cheese
- Breakfast burrito: whole grain tortilla, egg, bell peppers, cheese
- Smoothie: low-fat milk, frozen fruit and a banana
- Whole grain waffle with peanut butter & banana
- Whole grain bagel with low-fat cream cheese & strawberries