Q: What’s the Best Pasta to Order?
One of the most common questions we hear is about pasta. First, is it OK to eat it, and second, how do you eat it without doing in your diet? The short answer is, yes, pasta can be a healthy choice. These tips can help you order the best pasta wherever you are, but we have a few favorites to recommend.
When you opt for a balanced option like one of these, you can lose the carb-lover’s guilt and feel good about a nutritious choice that supports your health goals:
- The Pasta con Broccoli with Chicken (6 oz.) at America’s Incredible Pizza Company is a great option that includes whole wheat pasta, fresh veggies and chicken. Whole grains, veggies and lean protein all in one dish is a smart choice to stay on track.
- The Shrimp Scampi Zucchini Fettuccine at California Pizza Kitchen does a take on one of the hottests trends, zoodles! Tender shrimp are sautéed with lemon, garlic and white wine and then tossed with zucchini ribbons, fettuccine, parsley and Parmesan for a pasta meal that is packed with lean protein, showing off just how delicious zucchini can be.
- The Spaghetti with Pomodoro and a Side Italian Salad Dinner at Carrabba’s Italian Grill is just one of the many dietitian-recommended pasta choices on the menu for the family. This classic choice can be made with whole grain spaghetti (don’t forget to request this option) and is topped with a light, freshly flavored Pomodoro sauce. This tomato-based sauce is rich in vitamin C and cancer-fighting lycopene. Paired with a crisp side salad, this balanced choice can help you meet your daily recommendations for vegetables and whole grains.
- The Trio Salad Option 3 at Corner Bakery Cafe is a smart choice when you can’t decide between all the tasty options. Not only does it include Asian Edamame, Seasonal Fruit Medley and a Side of Mixed Greens with Dressing but also Cavatappi Pasta. This fun, swirly pasta is just the right size and part of a healthier choices loaded with fruits and veggies.
- The Supreme Pizza Pasta at My Fit Foods makes it easy to grab the best pasta choice and go. Sautéed vegetables, vegan sausage, zesty tomato sauce and cheese are served pizza-style over pasta for a unique blend of two of our favorite foods. With loads of flavor plus veggies and protein, this pasta can help keep your taste buds and stomach satisfied.
- The Pasta e Fagioli Soup at Olive Garden takes pasta in a new direction – perfect for cooler days. White and red beans, ground beef and tomatoes are combined with tubetti pasta in a savory broth that pairs well with a crisp salad or side of veggies for a balanced and nutritious meal.
You don’t have to give up pasta in the name of a healthy diet. Choices like these that include whole grains, lean proteins and veggies can be a tasty part of your healthy diet. Find these and more on HealthyDiningFinder.com.