With so many meals to plan and prepare throughout the year, keeping the menu fresh can sometimes be a little daunting. It’s easy to fall into a family meal rut.
Break out of the weekly menu rut for better nutrition and more enticing meals. Search for restaurants near you serving Healthy Dining and Kids LiveWell menu choices recommended by Healthy Dining’s team of registered dietitians. These choices are made with quality ingredients, meet strict nutrition criteria and are easy to enjoy any day of the week.
Recipes like these from Super Kids Nutrition can also help with healthy and budget-friendly choices everyone can get excited about:
- Lasagna Stuffed Peppers – With all of the decadent lasagna flavor you love plus lean protein, whole grains and loads of veggies, this recipe is sure to be a family favorite.
- Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries – Forget the same old baked potatoes this week, and instead opt for this flavorful twist on taco shop fries.Fiber-rich sweet potatoes are topped with hearty ingredients such as black beans and corn and then flavored with rich spices like cumin.
- Spinach and Feta Quesadilla – This recipe is perfect for extra busy days when you need a good meal fast.The kids can help pile on the feta and sautéed spinach while you cook them up to serve.
- Southwestern Pinto Bean, Zucchini and Corn Burgers – When the same old turkey burger just won’t cut it, give this veggie burger a try!Have the kids help mash the ingredients together to get them involved, and then set out a variety of toppings that the whole family can mix and match to create their perfect burger.
- No Bake Greek Hummus Pita Pizzas – This recipe is made for warmer days when the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven.Set up an assembly line to create these “pizzas” topped with hummus and crisp, fresh veggies.
How do you keep your menu fresh and full of healthy ingredients?How do you get the whole family involved in planning, preparing and even ordering healthier meals as part of a healthy lifestyle?