This tasty meal serves two, you can make it to share with someone you love.
Makes 2 Servings
- 0.5 zucchini, stems removed, sliced lengthwise ¼” to make a “plank”
- 0.5 yellow squash, stems removed, sliced lengthwise ¼” to make a “plank”
- 4, ¼” slices red onion, 1/4 “ thick
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 each whole wheat flatbreads
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 Tbs crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbs olive tapenade
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Lightly season zucchini, yellow squash, and red onions with extra virgin olive oil, Kosher salt, and cracked black pepper.
- Place zucchini, yellow squash, and red onions on hot grill and grill both sides for 1 -2 minutes per side. (Do not overcook)
- Dress both sides of wheat ciabatta bread with balsamic vinaigrette for both rolls.
- Place feta cheese and olive tapenade on ciabatta bun bottoms.
- Top each with grilled zucchini, yellow squash, and red onions.
- Top each with avocado.
- Top each with ciabatta bun top.
- Place whole sandwich in panini press on high for 1 minute.
CHEF’S NOTE: You can substitute grilling for a panini press (place a weighted pan on top to press sandwich). Flip sandwich after 30 seconds per side on grill.
Nutrition Information per Serving*:
500 calories, 24 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 1040 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrates, 10 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 14 g protein, 1.5 cup fruits/veggies
*Nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant.
Locations throughout Georgia and Tennessee