Prepared by Brian McCardle, Executive Corporate Chef, Palm Restaurant
Try this simple gourmet dish, courtesy of The Palm Restaurant.
Makes Two Servings
Ingredients for the Salmon:
- 2 ea, 7 oz Atlantic Salmon Fillet (skin off)
- 1 tsp. blended oil (to coat the fish)
- Pinch of kosher salt and black pepper, per fillet
- 1 cup (4 oz) prepared couscous (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomato, cucumber and mint salad (recipe below)
- 2 ea sprig of flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Brush the salmon fillets with blended oil and kosher salt and pepper.
- Place on sizzle plate and broil until golden brown; finish in 400 degree oven if necessary.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and hold.
- Place the couscous in the center of the plate.
- Place salmon slightly off-center of the couscous.
- Top with the cherry tomato salad.
- Garnish with a sprig of flat-leaf parsley.
Ingredients for the Couscous (Bulk):
- 2.5 Tbs. sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1 cups chicken stock, no added salt
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cups plain couscous (dry)
- 2.5 Tbs. cup golden raisins (hydrated)
- 2 Tbs. orange zest
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Directions for the Couscous:
- Toast almonds in the bottom of a medium saucepot over medium heat.
- Once toasted, remove and reserve.
- Return pot to the stove top.
- Add broth & olive oil, cover and raise heat; bring the broth to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat, immediately.
- Add couscous, golden raisins, orange zest and parsley, then stir.
- Cover and let couscous stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff cooked couscous with fork and toss with toasted almonds.
Ingredients for the Cherry Tomato, Cucumber and Mint Summer Salad:
- 6 ea cherry tomatoes – sliced into 1/3’s
- 2 Tbsp carrots – julienne
- 10 ea cucumber slices (cut into ¼‘s) – peeled & julienne
- 10 pc yellow pepper – julienne
- 1/4 tsp jalapeno – minced
- 2 tsp crème fraiche
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp scallions – sliced thin
- 1 tsp fresh mint-minced
- To season: Kosher salt and pepper
Directions for the Cherry Tomato, Cucumber and Mint Summer Salad:
- Combine cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, yellow pepper and jalapeno in a bowl.
- Add the crème fraiche, lemon juice scallions and mint.
- Toss gently until mixed well.
- Check seasoning.
Nutrition Information per serving*:
540 calories, 27g fat, 5g saturated fat, 115mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium,
27g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 5g sugar, 45g protein
*Nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant.