Recipe courtesy of Fruits and Veggies More Matters.
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- Zest 1 lemon
- 6 wooden (soaked) or metal skewers
- Cut the chicken into 18 equal pieces. Cut bell peppers into 24 equal pieces, Cut onion into 12 equal pieces, leaving 2 to 3 layers of onion in each piece.
- Make the kabobs by sliding the chicken and vegetables pieces on the skewer in the following pattern – bell pepper, chicken, onion. Repeat this process for all 6 kabobs and place them in a glass baking dish.
- Add the cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, salt and lemon zest to a food processor. Pulse until a thick sauce is formed. Pour the sauce over the kabobs and rub to coat them evenly.
- Let the kabobs marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grill the kabobs over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
Nutrition Information (per serving)*:
150 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium,
7 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 24 g protein, .5 cup vegetables.
* Recipe and nutrition information may vary by products (and/or brands) used.