Makes 4 Servings; Analysis for 1 Salad with 1 fl oz of Balsamic Dressing
- 24 oz spinach
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
For the dressing:
- Mash the minced garlic to a paste with the salt.
- In a bowl, whisk together the garlic paste, pepper, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the olive oil and whisk vigorously. Dressing yields approximately 1 cup; this recipe only uses 4 fluid ounces. The remaining dressing can be saved and refrigerated for future use.
For the salad:
- Toss the spinach, corn and dressing in a large bowl.
- Top with goat cheese, cranberries and almonds.
Nutrition Information (per serving)*:
400 calories, 28 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium,
31 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 10 g protein, 2.5 cup vegetables.
* Recipe and nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant.