Research is now suggesting there may be one more unusual way you may be able to make weight loss easy at restaurants.
There are lots of suggestions circulating about how to make weight loss easy and something of a no-brainer, including strategies to use when eating out. If you’re looking for ideas to make weight loss easy at restaurants, you may have tried:
- Keeping certain trigger foods off your table (bread basket, anyone?)
- Finding a dining buddy with similar health goals to help keep you on track with healthy choices
- Splitting dishes with friends at restaurants
- Asking servers to box half your meal when dining out
Research is now suggesting there may be one more unusual way you may be able to make weight loss easy at restaurants. Brian Wansink and his team at Cornell University recently studied where people sit in restaurants and how that may correlate to weight. Here’s what they found:
- People sitting in well-lit areas or by the window tend to order healthier.
- Those sitting furthest from the door not only order fewer salads but also more desserts.
- The closer people sit to the bar, the more likely they are to order more drinks.
- Diners sitting at higher tables favor salads.
While the study and findings are preliminary, they raise interesting questions as to how environment affects health and weight loss even more than many of us thought.
Where do you sit in restaurants? Do you think it influences your menu choices?
Make it easier when you order hand-picked Healthy Dining menu choices.