Get inspired by unique cuisines and ingredients to get all the flavor without all the calories when you whip up some of these exotic burger recipes at your next backyard BBQ.
Hamburgers are synonymous with summer time, back yard BBQs, and pool parties. This all-American food holds a special nostalgia in our hearts, but you may not be so quick to go for the burger at your next BBQ if you are watching your weight.
Also Check Out:
Summer Fun: Health-Inspired Tips for the Family By Nikki Anschick
There is no need for “hamburger” to be a scary word when you are trying to be health conscious. There are so many ways to make substitutions or small changes to make them fit into your diet as a healthy choice. Simple swaps like the type of protein in your patty or replacing your bun and toppings with veggies can instantly turn your burger into a delicious, nutritious meal.
Don’t be afraid to be adventurous… get inspired by unique cuisines and ingredients to get all the flavor without all the calories! Try some of these exotic burger recipes at your next backyard BBQ:
- Jalapeno Chickpea Lentil Burgers with Sweet Mango Avocado Pico
- Sun-dried Tomato & Basil White Bean Burgers
- Green Goddess Burgers
- Turkey Burgers with Cranberry Peach Chutney
- Black Bean & Winter Squash Veggie Burger
- Banh Mi Asian Burgers
- Thai Style Chicken burgers
- Jerk Turkey Burgers with Mango Slaw
- Roasted Garlic Chipotle Cheddar Sweet Potato Burgers with Avocado Ranch
- Superfood Beet Cakes
- Cremini Burgers with Goat Cheese and Fig Aioli
- Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers
- Tilapia Burgers with Watermelon Salsa + Avocado
- Salmon Burgers with Greek Yogurt and Dill
- Grill Friendly Portobello Burgers