Sweet potatoes are everywhere right now, from restaurant menus to top Instagram feeds, and for good reason! Sweet potatoes are a tasty and nutritious food that make it easy to stay on track with a healthy lifestyle.
Sweet potatoes are high in both vitamins A and C to help support a healthy immune system and eye health. They are also a good source of fiber and have been shown to help with weight management and heart health. Keep in mind that preparation makes a big difference! Sweet potato fries aren’t quite the same nutritious choice as a naked baked sweet potato.
There is no doubt that sweet potatoes have broken out of the Thanksgiving lineup and are becoming an increasingly popular choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. These fiber-rich, low-glycemic beauties are getting baked, blended, simmered, sautéed, hashed and hor d’oeuvred into tempting choices that go way beyond marshmallow-topped casserole. If you’re looking for more ways to enjoy this trendy tuber, these sweet potato recipes from Catherine Katz of Cuisinicity can help. Give them a try, and don’t forget to look for sweet potato choices at restaurants near you for some culinary inspiration from the pros.
- Simply Sweet Potato – Get started here with the basics of how to cook a sweet potato. Whip one up for a simple side dish or a base for savory legumes or chicken to create a “loaded” sweet potato. Experiment with herbs and spices like thyme and cinnamon to add more flavor.
- French Lentil & Sweet Potato Salad – Keep your cool with this hearty salad. A combination of sweet potato, lentils, citrus and fresh herbs makes a refreshing choice for a warm day.
- 10 Veggies Lasagna – Get your veggies and your lasagna fix with this recipe. Sweet potatoes are just one of the veggies in the mix, adding satisfying texture and a hint of sweetness to balance the flavor of the dish.
- Moroccan Tagine (Vegan) – This dish is all about the spices! The signature flavors of Morocco combine with a variety of vegetables to create a nutritious and exotic meal.
- Chocolate Lava Cake (Vegan) – Sweet potatoes aren’t just for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They can even make desserts like this cake a more nutritious choice.
Are you adding more sweet potatoes to your diet? What sweet potato recipes are you enjoying?