Grilled chicken, fresh peppers, onions, melted together in wheat pizza dough. Perfect.
Makes 2 Servings
- 3.5 oz. Trader Joe’s wheat pizza dough
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped, fresh
- 2 Tbs Trader Joe’s basil pesto
- 1 oz. mozzarella cheese, low moisture, part skim, shredded
- 1/3 oz. ricotta cheese, part skim
- 3 oz. chicken breast, boneless/skinless, grilled, chopped
- 1/2 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices cucumber, without skin, fresh
- 4 rings red bell peppers, sweet, fresh
- 4 slices red onion, fresh
- Follow the instructions on the package for preparing the dough then place dough on pizza stone or lightly oiled pan (analysis does not include oil on the pan).
- Pre-heat BBQ or oven to 375 degrees with pizza stone inside.
- Brush the dough with the olive oil.
- Place chopped garlic and pesto sauce on half of the pizza crust.
- Spread mozzarella cheese and pinches of Ricotta on the remaining half of pizza crust.
- Place cooked chicken pieces on the olive oil and garlic side.
- Place bell peppers and onions on the other half (cheese side).
- Before placing pizza in oven, turn oven to broil setting then broil/bake in the oven for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven when the cheese is golden and toppings are slightly brown on edges.
- Place the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers on the “chicken half” of the crust.
- Fold in half, so that the veggie toppings are over meat and cheese side.
- Cut in half and serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving*:370 calories, 20 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 2 g protein, 1 cup fruits/veggies
*Nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant.