Vegetarian sandwich filled with red onion, black olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, and creamy Italian dressing.
Makes 2 servings
- 4 Slices whole wheat or whole grain bread
- 2 Provolone cheese slices
- 1 oz. Favorite creamy Italian dressing
- 6 Red onion rings
- 2 oz. Black olives
- 8 Cucumber slices
- 4 Tomato slices
- ½ Whole avocado, thinly sliced
- Place bread slices side by side on cutting board.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on two of the slices of bread.
- Drizzle 1 oz. of Creamy Italian Dressing on top of the vegetables.
- Layer the red onion rings evenly on the cheese-topped bread.
- Sprinkle the black olives over the red onion rings.
- Place the cucumber slices over the black olives.
- Put the tomato slices on top of the cucumber slices at opposing corners of the sandwiches.
- Layer the avocado slices across the sandwiches from side to side.
- Place the top slice of the bread on the sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches in half at a 45° angle.
- Place on plate, garnished with a lettuce leaf topped with a whole pepperoncini and a mint; not included in analysis. (Optional)
Nutrition Information (per serving)*:
420 calories, 25 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium,
34 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 16 g protein, 3/4 cup vegetables.
* Nutrition information may vary from the item served in the restaurant and by products (and/or brands) used.